Gasping for air with the unexpected jolt of being forced awake made me realize that I wasnt sure how long I had been holding my breath. I had the overwhelming urge to jump out of bed and run, but something was telling me that moving would be dangerous.
I kept my eyes closed while trying to peek out of the tiny slits on the bottom. I could feel someone there. He was breathing heavily and standing directly over me. Scared doesn’t even begin to describe the terror overwhelming every part of my being. I knew that whatever sinister thing he had planned for me was about to happen.
If I was going to do anything to defend myself, now was the time. I mustered up every ounce of energy and courage I could. I jumped out of bed hitting, yelling and kicking. It took me a moment to realize that there was no one there for me to attack.
I was fighting a memory. One that would haunt me forever.
This week’s word is:
1 archaic : unfavorable, unlucky 2 archaic : fraudulent 3: singularly evil or productive of evil
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
This week’s word is sinister.